There are presently 2.8 billion active users on social media. Therefore maintaining an active presence on each platform has become more difficult.
It has been proven that 1/3 of Millennials prefer to communicate with their preferred brands through social media. But it’s more important to get your business seen by your target audience. A strong social media plan creates more brand awareness, increases following, drives traffic to your website and can generate leads through your sales funnel.
There is no excuse for a brand and business not to have a presence on social media in 2017.
Build a stronger online presence by:
1. Have a distinct Target Audience
Know and understand who your target audience is in order to develop a great digital marketing strategy. This will enable you to reach your audience and you can more easily engage and connect with them. This can be done by developing buyer personas and you can align content to meet their needs.
2. Have Social Media Objectives
Whether it’s to drive traffic to your website, increase engagement or build leads. By having a clear goal, each post or content can be tailored to achieve the goal you have focused on.
3. Create Engaging Content
Engaging content is more shareable. Try offering helpful advice, tips, and expertise, and thus create yourself as a brand expert and industry leader. This will make you appear more attractive to prospective customers. Be seen as credible, valuable resource who can offer assistance as needed.
Content that is more engaging has;
- Live-streaming videos – Facebook states that people watch three times more live videos than prerecorded. Create a live video of a Q+A session, discuss a recent blog topic, or going behind the scenes at an event.
- Increase images – Posts with images capture more attention than those without. High-quality images that are brand related such as memes, GIFs, infographics, and image quotes make great content.
- Organic video – Organic video on Facebook has a 186% higher engagement rate and are shared 1000% more than videos in other sites. Videos can be used to share content about your brand, answer questions and provide information about your products or services.
- Use links on social media to drive traffic to your blog. Ensure you use an image from your blog where it will direct users to your blog content once clicked.
4. Be Social
It’s called social for a reason, so be sociable. Share content, but also interact with users. Be certain to comment, like and share your followers content. Highlight them in comments. Message customers. Highlight them. Show appreciation for their business.
These few personal touches offer you an edge whose results will amaze you.
5. Use analytics to test your results
Test your efforts to ascertain what works and what doesn’t. Using social media management tools like Hootsuite or Buffer will enable you to access to analytics tools which will generate a greater understanding of content with highest shares which have led to the most engagement – including those that did not.
These simple tips will guide your marketing strategy towards your outlined objectives which can be gaining followers, increasing brand awareness, boosting engagement and generating leads.